Certification Europe operates a policy of achieving formal accreditation from a relevant authority before offering a service in a standard to the market, where it is commercially feasible.
Accreditation is the process by which a certification body is recognised to offer certification services. In order to become accredited, Certification Europe is required to implement a Quality Management System which is assessed by an Independent Authorised Body (National Accreditation Body) to determine that it meets International Standards. Certification Europe is audited annually to ensure its services meet the exact requirements of the relevant accreditation standards.
Our accreditation means that we have been independently assessed as possessing the expertise and competency to audit and certify to each of the listed standards on our website. Organisations who are seeking to have a system certified to an international standard should ensure that the assessment and certification is carried out by a competent accredited body. This means that the certification body providing the service is accredited and can provide evidence that it has the expertise, skills, proven knowledge of the standard and itself operates a quality service.
A National Accreditation Body exists in most countries to perform the task of approving, monitoring and auditing certification services. National Authorities liaise through an International Accreditation Forum (www.iaf.nu) to ensure that International Standards are adopted in a uniform manner to enable International Recognition.
Certification Europe has achieved Formal Accreditation in the following Standards:
- ISO 9001 – Quality Management Systems Certification
- ISO 14001 – Environmental Management Systems Certification
- OHSAS 18001 – Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems Certification
- ISO 20000-1 – IT Service Management Systems Certification
- ISO 27001 – Information Security Management Systems Certification
- ISO 22301 – Business Continuity Management Systems Certification
- ISO 50001 – Energy Management Systems Certification
- DIR 93/1999/EU – Electronic Signatures Certification
- APACS Standard 55 – Accredited Cheque Printers
- World Lottery Association Security Control Standard